•  
    Call Us04651 248122
  •  
    Open Hours Mon - Sat : 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Seat of learning

Mulagumoodu parish is home to various educational institutions which cared for the educational needs of the people. Fr. Victor, many priests, nuns and parishners also took earnest efforts in the social welfare of the people of Mulagumoodu. The following are the educational institutions functioning in Mulagumoodu at present.Fr. Victor, realizing well the importance of education for economic and social upliftment of the poor, established a Malayalam Medium Primary School at Mulagumoodu in 1885. The expenditure to run the school came from Fr. Victor’s friends and well wishers in Europe as voluntary contributions.

In 1920 the school was shifted to the church campus and named as “St. Joseph’s Primary School”. In 1960 the school was upgraded as a middle school. Due to the ardent efforts of Fr. Varghese the parish priest cum V.F, the school was again upgraded as High School in 1976. Fr. George, the Parish priest at that time took concerted efforts in this regard. Finally St. Joseph’s School was upgraded as Higher Secondary in 1983 mainly due to the efforts of Bro. Gabrial SHJ.

Infant Jesus Arts and Crafts Industrial School, Mulagumoodu

This institution was established by ICM sisters at Mulagumoodu to get trained for making their livelyhood. Training in embroidery, lace making and making carved heads from coconuts and other art works were given. Laces and embroideries were exported to foreign countries, which enabled them to earn with dignity. It has been a boon to the uneducated women to rise from the bottom of the social ladder.

Malayalam medium Primary School

Infant Jesus Teacher Training Institute

St.Joseph’s Primary School

The first institution of its kind in Kanniyakumari district, it has trained thousands of women as teachers from our Diocese and beyond.

St. Joseph’s Higher Secondary School

The first institution of its kind in Kanniyakumari district, it has trained thousands of women as teachers from our Diocese and beyond.

Infant Jesus High School

The ICM congregation established these schools for girl students in 1898. They have served the people of Mulagumoodu as well as the nearby villages in imparting education, human values and work culture.

St. Joseph’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School

In order to provide quality education in English, St.Joseph’s Matriculation School (English Medium) was started by Rev. Fr. Lawrence, former parish Priest. Now it has become a Higher Secondary School through the tireless efforts of the subseqent Parish Priests, Fr. Bruce, Fr. William and Fr. Berkmans. With the assistance of two sisters of the order of the Servant of Mary, Bangalore, the school has recorded steady growth. Besides teaching many extra-curricular activities , including yoga, regular subjects are being taught to students.

Pope John Paul II College of Education

This College of Education was established in 2009 in Mulagumoodu in the land owned by the Parish. This college offers a lot of opportunities for the poor students who have no means of higher education to be qualified as teachers. It serves the students of both Mulagumoodu and Thiruthuvapuram vicariates and neighbouring villages.

Infant Jesus College of Arts and Science for women

This college was established in the year 2016 with the aim of imparting quality education mainly to girl students of this parish and also the neighboring districts. The ICM Educational Council runs this college.

Fr. Victor Library

St. Aloysius Library

Fr.VICTOR O.C.D, The Apostle of South India

Church Events